Friday, November 19, 2010

New Social Networking Website is Up and Running

Greeting friends,
It is at this time that I ask for your opinion.  Really, I'm always interested in what you think, and the things you have to say.  I want to know, which are your favorite sports bars, and why?  What do you find interesting about the videos and links I've posted here?  Think about what you can add to the discussion.  I want to hear all about it!  :-)

Also, please come and check out this social network I've created dedicated to the art and science of true sports bar leisure!  I've uploaded some great pictures and videos, and I've also created a forum where we can discuss our good times and our bright ideas.  The best part is, now you can upload your own files to the site as well (once you sign up as a member).  Please contribute your pictures and stories to our social networking site.  I know I'm dying to see what you've got, and to start a conversation over there.

I have a plan for how Blogger will use this new social networking site: If anyone has a favorite sports bar I haven't mentioned, please post some information about it in the forums under the "best bars" thread.  If anyone finds a fun bar game, like trivia on a new night or a shuffleboard contest, please post about that under the "sports bar games" thread.  Once I check it out I'll give it a full write-up on the blog.  It's easy, and this way everyone in the social network can stay abreast of what's out there.  In Blogger comments are only tied to one post, but the social networking site sorts comments by subject so that way everyone can find them easier.  It's sort of like the "event" designation on Facebook; invitees can indicate whether they plan on attending the event or add additional notes and details.  I know there's a lot more fun stuff out there.  I discovered my favorite bar game, Tiki Feud, completely by accident.  I was driving past the marquee and wondering what a tiki feud could possibly be.  So if your favorite hangout is someplace that I haven't mentioned yet, by all mean follow this link (to the forums) right away and tell us all about it.  The future of sports bars is in your hands!

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I do so enjoy reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on and sign up as a follower then, coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I heard from a student at St. Pete High that you have a good rep' going over there. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I see you found my network irresistible! I knew it.

    ReplyDelete